Governor's Exporter of the Year
Kansas Governor's Exporter of the Year Award
Each year, the Governor’s Exporter of the Year Award is presented to a Kansas company for exceptional international marketing success. This award encourages the growth of the state’s international commerce by showcasing successful exporters as role models to the Kansas business community. The recipients are prime examples of how exporting is a significant catalyst for company growth and diversification.
2017 Governor's Exporter of the Year - Lee Aerospace
The program brings statewide recognition to Kansas companies committed to expanding sales in international markets and showcases those exporters as role models to other Kansas companies seeking similar success. The Exporter of the Year Award is dedicated to thanking employers for helping to put Kansas on the world map.
Check out this video to learn more about the Governor's Exporter of the Year Award.
Download the program flyer.
How to Apply
The state looks for the best example of a successful exporter in the state of Kansas. The first step in the process is for companies to be nominated for the award. Chambers of commerce, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to nominate companies that have excelled in the area of international trade. Companies may also nominate themselves.
Nominations will be accepted through January 26, 2018. In March, the Kansas International Trade Coordinating Council selects the finalists and in April, the finalists give a presentation about their company history and export initiatives/successes to the Council. In June, the Governor announces the winner at an awards ceremony. Onsite recognition at the winner’s place of business follows during the fall.
Award Qualifications Include
- Effective use of international distributors
- Foreign language promotional materials and general promotional activities developed
- Innovations in global marketing
- Joint ventures established
- Long-range international strategies and prospects for future growth
- New product lines introduced internationally
- Network of distributors, agent / representatives, international offices or subsidiaries developed
- Number of new export markets
- Number and/or percentage increase in jobs due to international activities
- Trade shows and/or international expositions displayed at or attended
Exporter of the Year Winners